Library

Library

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

February 10, 2015 Board Meeting Minutes

LINCOLN CARNEGIE LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES
FEBRUARY 10, 2015

Members Present:  Kathy Moss, Anne Grace, Jerry Philbrick, Patrisha Street, Terry Broberg, Karen Jeffers
Librarians Present:  Nancy Jensen

President Kathy called the meeting to order.  Jerry moved to approve the January 8 minutes.  Karen seconded the motion.  The motion carried.
MARY’S REPORT:  Children’s Department
I will not be at the board meeting. I am going to Nebraska to visit Nicki and the grandkids for my birthday.
Everything is going well. I have purchased the LEAP crafts to get us through until the end of the year. I will be sending a bill to the board office for reimbursement of LEAP expenses.
I have made a schedule and plan for story times through the end of April. We are doing an Under the Sea theme with story times about Oceans, Mermaids, Sharks, and Pirates. We will also be celebrating Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Easter, the First Day of Spring and Earth Day. We will end with a big “Beach Party.”
Sharon Markley will continue to come the 3rd week of the month with her Parent’s As Teachers Playgroup and I have asked Kaye and Jeff Metzler to do another story time with music. The kids have really enjoyed their past performances.
I have not decided if I will take a short break in May to get ready for the Summer Reading Program or continue story times in May.
I am wondering if any of you have small cake decorators that I could use to decorate cookies with the story time and LEAP Kids for Valentine’s Day. I am looking for the small metal ones or something similar. If you do, and are willing to share, please write your name on it and bring it to the board meeting or any time before 2-12-14.

NANCY’S REPORT:
FLCL: Mary and I are going to put together a wish list of items that we would like for the FLCL to purchase for us. We will present the list to the Board at the March meeting and then give it to the FLCL.
Yearly Reports: I completed all the yearly reports for CKLS and the State Library. I also got all the employer reports done.
Staff Computer #2: I have been having problems with staff computer #2. The payroll module on Quickbooks hasn’t been working right and the tech support at Intuit thought our problem might be that this computer was running vista instead of windows 7. I installed windows 7 on the computer (a clean install, I couldn’t do an upgrade, which means that everything on the computer was erased and I had to put everything back on again.) The computer seems to be working ok, so I am hoping the problem is fixed.
Copier: The copier has been giving us problems for the last 3 to 4 months. The repairman would come, replace a part and leave thinking it was fixed. It wouldn’t be. He would come back, replace another part and same story. Last week he was back out and I think that this time the copier is really fixed.
Online Banking: Kathy contacted the banks and I am now able to get bank statements from the Citizens Bank over the internet. I have a form that the Bank of Tescott needs signatures on. Once it is signed and returned I will be able to get their statements over the internet.
Game Day: Mary and I want to do another Game Day over Spring Break (March 13-22). Not sure what day yet. What works for everyone?
Hanging Pictures: I don’t remember if someone volunteered to hang the pictures. We decided where to put them but I wasn’t sure if someone was going to do the actual hanging. Someone as in not me, I am a terrible picture hanger.

 UNFINISHED BUSINESS None to report.

NEW BUSINESS
Anne moved to approve the bills for January.  Jerry seconded the motion.  The motion carried.
Decision was made to hold the Game Day on March 18th
Anne and Jerry will hang the pictures on the wall.
Jerry moved to adjourn the meeting.  Anne seconded the motion.  The meeting is adjourned and the next meeting will be Tuesday, March 10, 2015.

Respectfully submitted,
Patrisha Street- Filling in for Lynne